Job title: Civil engineer
Level & Experience: At least 3 years’ experience in infrastructure design
Project: Hinkley point Nuclear plant, Civil engineering execution Design.
Position location: Bristol ENGLAND
Starting date: April 2020
GSD is hiring talents for the third biggest energy provider in the world.
GSD is a consulting and engineering firm, bringing talent together to support our clients in the execution of their project worldwide. If you want to boost your career internationally, be a part of a global team, and work on the latest available technology within a highly professional environment. GSD is currently looking for an energetic, self-motivated, and innovative individual for a position as ACAD designer. In addition to the basic qualifications listed, the successful candidate shall possess the skills required to successfully develop and execute project tasks and deliverables. The candidate shall be a collaborative team player.
The client is a subsidiary of one of the main European actors in energy production and management on nuclear facilities.
Since 2009, the client supports the UK's nuclear renaissance in providing our strong experience in the following fields:
-Radiation protection management: nuclear safety analysis, nuclear measurement and radiation protection studies,
-HVAC: filter systems test, gas and particles tracing, ventilation devices test,
-Technical services: project management, design & engineering (HVAC, mechanical, electrical and civil work, I&C...), qualification test (commissioning),
-Particles accelerator (electrons beam or X-ray): component qualification, calibration, ageing test in a controlled atmosphere and temperature,
In order to develop our activity in UK, we are looking for Civil/Structural engineers with experience in structure design, to help the construction of the new nuclear power plants in the UK.
The Civil Engineer ensures the production and monitoring of the civil engineering of the buildings on the nuclear island he is assigned.
He works closely with the Group Leader, Layout Coordinator and Layout Engineers. They will develop civil design solutions, describe them in CAD-tasks and coordinate the correct implementation into the PDMS-3D Model by the CAD Designer:
• Clarification of schedules and, more generally, production of deliverables (Assumption notes, Technical specifications, calculation notes…),
• Coordinate the work of CAD Designer in relation with the design office manager,
• Perform design activities,
• Perform technical vérification,
• Review of construction non-conformances and proposed solutions made by others,
• Review of construction modifications and proposed solutions made by others,
• Prepare and chair progress meetings within their scope of activity.
• Manage and monitor the modifications requested by the engineering teams.
Qualifications and Experience :
• Civil Engineer/Structure Degree,
• Three years’ experience in infrastructure design,
• Knowledge/understanding of the Eurocodes related to civil engineering and especially knowledge of the design of fastenings in concrete,
• Knowledge and understanding of relevant Health and Safety regulations,
• PDMS experience, Tekla, 3D AutoCAD, MS Office,
• Concise, conscientious, organised with good writing skills,
• Good communication and interpersonal skills,
• Results focused with the ability to meet commitments & deadlines.
• -Fluent in English
Job Type: Full-time